Put a Smile on That Mug – Chocolate Mug Cake!
Chocolate cake is one of my favorite desserts. When I’m going to indulge, I want it to be great and I don’t want to tempt myself with more than one fabulous piece. I also don’t want to make a whole cake and wait for the baking time… where’s the instant chocolate-y fix? It’s in making this gooey, scrumptious, single-serving chocolate mug cake! Nothing could be simpler – mix it all in your favorite mug, toss in the microwave and voila!
• 4 tbsp flour
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
• 1 large egg
• 3 tbsp milk
• 3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
• 1/4 tsp vanilla
• 1 square or a few chips of your favorite chocolate
• 1 large mug
1) Pour in the flour, sugar, and cocoa, Whisk together.
2) Add the egg, milk, applesauce, and vanilla. Whisk together until well blended. Add the chocolate pieces.
3) Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Let it cool about 3 minutes and enjoy in the mug or on a plate.
Most recipes call for oil or butter but I like using applesauce so it’s more healthy without compromising taste or texture. The chocolate in the center gives it an extra chocolate kick and is a nod to molten lava cake. Not only is this a great idea for just one serving but they’re pretty impressive to make for the whole family. Add some ice cream, whipped cream, a touch of cinnamon, fresh berries, or bananas! Customize it to your tastes. It’s so good!