Lavender Shortbread Cookie Bites with Lemon Icing
Ahhhh LOVE! There are so many forms… so many people in our lives that make our lives so much better…. our partners, our kids, our families (even those relatives that drive us crazy), our pets… OUR COOKIES!
Yeah, cookies!! Sweet little treats that show the love – when you make them for others, receive them in a homemade package, make them WITH others… decadent goodness in a sugary bite. To celebrate this Valentine’s Day, I want to show you the love – of these delicious shortbread bites!
• 1 cup butter, unsalted
• 2/3 cup powdered sugar
• 1/2 tsp vanilla
• 1 tbsp culinary lavender
• 2 cups flour
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 2 tbsp milk
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp culinary lavender
1) Add butter and sugar to a bowl. Mix until fluffy. Add vanilla and mix. Add lavender and mix. Add the flour and mix until a dough forms. Flatten the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
2) Roll dough out to 1/4” thick. Cut out the cookies using a small cookie cutter or just cut it into small squares.
3) Bake at 325° for 14-18 minutes or until they’re lightly golden. Let cool fully.
4) Combine sugar, milk, and lemon juice in a bowl and mix. If needed, add more milk and lemon juice to achieve your preferred consistency. Mix in the lavender.
5) Dip the top of each cookie in the icing then set aside to dry. Enjoy!
There’s something so satisfying in having a rich bite-sized cookie. Buttery and aromatic with the balanced tart/sweet icing… they are so delectable. Add a little champagne and your Valentine’s Day will be very sweet.
LOVE to you all!