Give Thanks! Spicy Apple Cran Pecan Quinoa
I know, I know. Right about now you’re gathering all of your final ingredients and probably have pies in the oven in anticipation of tomorrow, Thanksgiving!!
But here’s a quick, easy, unexpected twist on the flavors of the day! And especially perfect if you have a guest with gluten sensitivity.
In honor of Hanukkah, you can use kasha instead of quinoa. Either way, I am not exaggerating when I say you will want to GOBBLE it up immediately!
Have a beautiful holiday!
- • 1 apple peeled & cubed (I used Cortland)
- • 1 shallot diced
- • 1/2 cup fresh sage, chopped
- • 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- • 1/2 cup dried cranberries/craisins
- • 1 tsp curry powder
- • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- • 1 tbsp brown sugar
- • 1 cup quinoa
- • 2 tbsp. olive oil
- • salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil in a sauté pan. Add shallots & apple, sauté over medium heat until shallots become translucent & apple softens. Stir in herbs, pecans, dried cranberries, & spices (adjust to taste as preferred).
- Once fully combined, mix in the cooked quinoa. Let cook, mixing, for about 5 minutes until evenly blended. Plate and serve.