Happy Autumn! You’ll FALL for this Crustless Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Topping
I am doing a full-out HAPPY DANCE now that it’s Autumn! The trees will turn into a burst of brilliant color and the temperature is so comfy already. It’s such a relief after the hot and humid summer.
What better way to FALL into the season than to indulge in a pumpkin and pecan treat. Oh yeah! Instead of the typical traditional pie, I wanted to give you all that flavor in a bit of a twist. I love crust too but trust me, you’re going to think it’s redundant – you’ll love this elegant delight!
The Pumpkin Filling:
• 2 large eggs
• 1 15 oz can pure pumpkin purée
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp ground ginger
• 1/4 tsp ground cloves
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
The Pecan Topping:
• 3/4 cup chopped pecans
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 2 tbsp butter
1) In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add pumpkin and combine. Add sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt. Mix well. Pour in milk and stir until fully blended.
2) Ladle mixture into ramekins. Place on a rimmed baking pan and bake at 425° for 40 minutes.
3) In a medium bowl, add pecans, brown sugar, and butter. Mix until well blended. Set aside.
4) When time is up, remove ramekins from the oven. Top each with pecan mixture and return to the oven for 5 minutes – check to ensure pecans don’t burn. Remove, cool fully, and serve.
I do enjoy an individually portioned baked bit of goodness. Not only does it look impressive in the cute little bowl but it conveys a feeling of “baked special just for you”. Top all those good vibes off with the perfectly spiced, creamy pumpkin with the sweet, buttery crunch of the pecans and you’ll be in heaven!