Bunny-licious Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting!
It’s a HOPPY time of year! Eggs are dyed, chocolate bunnies are devoured, and colored marshmallow treats are all around (remember ours? Click here!).
Growing up, I was a big fan of “The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes“, a must-read for all kids no matter what you celebrate. Besides the beautiful illustrations and the inspiring story, I learned that Easter bunnies work really hard! What better way to celebrate and thank them by creating a recipe for them and all of us! Ha!
• 2 cups flour
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 2 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
• 4 large eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 3 cups grated carrots
• 1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
• 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
• 8 oz cream cheese
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
• 4 cups powdered sugar
1) In a large bowl, mix butter, eggs, and vanilla. Add in flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
2) Fold in carrots, nuts, and raisins. Pour into two 8” round pans, one 9” x 11” pan, or five 6” layer pans, greased & floured or lined as required.
3) Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes, or until tester comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes then remove to rack to cool fully.
4) In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, butter, & vanilla. Beat in powdered sugar one cup at a time until smooth.
5) Liberally frost each layer and serve.
I adore carrot cake but I am often disappointed when I order it out that it’s not as light, moist, balanced, and flavorful as this. And nothing is worse than hardened frosting! This is fresh, airy, and the perfect sweetness.
The only problem with this recipe is that it’s so easy, I will make it way more than I should! Oh how I love this cake!