An EXPLOSION of Flavor! Fourth of July Stuffed Firecracker Burgers!
There’s a big birthday party coming up in the United States of America! It’s the 241st for our country. Many people will head out to the beach, barbecues, and other outdoor celebrations that will likely end in a burst of loud and colorful fireworks to commemorate the holiday!
To celebrate, I thought I’d to create a burger that captured the spirit of the day! Some spice, some heat, with a bit of attitude. And because I am not a big griller, so I enlisted the help of my good friend Giovanni Gonzalez of GioHomes Real Estate to do the cooking! You might remember him from last year’s Lamb Burgers post. He’s the BEST!
These burgers exceeded my expectations! Our friend Michael Turner, also of GioHomes, had a bite and gave me the BEST compliment, “It’s like Willy Wonka Chewing Gum… first you taste the burger, then you get a taste of the bacon, onion, followed by a bit of spice, then some heat… and THEN the cheese! Wow!” That Michael is smart! Haha! I must concur. These burgers will surprise and astound your tastebuds!
I am proud to be an American. This country is vast, diverse, grand, and full of wonderful people with rich stories on how they came to be here. My family was back-and-forth from Italy through the early part of the 20th century and then stayed for good. My parents are full-fledged born & bred New Yorkers – so am I! Living in one of the original 13 gives me a deeper connection to how our country won independence. In memory and gratitude to all who fought for all of us, we’ve got to wave the red, white, and blue!!! YEAH!
Have a FABULOUS Fourth of July celebration! Happy Birthday, America!
- • 1 lb ground beef
- • 1/2 onion, minced
- • 1/2 cup bacon, crumbled
- • 1/2 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- • 1 tsp salt
- • 1/2 tsp pepper
- • 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, diced
- • 1 head green leaf lettuce
- • 1 tomato, sliced
- Combine all ingredients except cheese. Mix well. Divide into 4 balls.
- Make an indentation in the center of each ball and liberally add cheese. Close the indentation over the chese and flatten into a patty.
- Place each patty over hight heat. Turn after about 3 minutes. Let cook another 3-4 minutes then remove the burgers.
- Garnish burgers with lettuce and tomato.
- You can serve them with or without a bun, add your favorite condiments, and pile on even more garnishes!