Omelette – Spinach, Cheddar, & Shallots!
I’m on a breakfast kick for you! And mastering a perfect omelette is something everyone should be able to do. It’s so versatile and can be served any time of day! You can WOW everyone with a fluffy filled omelette!
Customize the fillings with whatever is in your fridge or whatever you feel like making. You can actually go pretty crazy but I’ve kept it simple for you – baby spinach, cheddar cheese, and shallots.
1) Crack eggs into bowl. Add salt & pepper to taste and water. Whisk and set aside.
2) Pour oil into pan over medium heat. Add shallots, salt & pepper to taste, and sauté until soft.
3) Add spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from pan and set aside.
4) Pour egg mixture into the same pan. Let set, tipping pan to move liquid to the ends to set.
5) Start lifting edges to turn. Shake pan to loosen omelette and slide onto plate. Flip omelette back into the pan and shake to keep loose.
6) Add shallots and spinach mixture, then add the cheese. Fold omelette over and press. Slide onto serving plate and enjoy!
Every time I make one, I get giddy and very proud of myself. Even if the egg rips a bit, it’s FINE! And the taste… ahhhhh yes! The shallots are a bit caramelized, the spinach is bright, and the cheese… well it’s melted cheddar cheese which is heavenly!! You’ll have a GREAT day when it starts so deliciously!
- Omelette – Spinach, Cheddar, & Shallots! | Dishin’ the Dish - […] Omelette – Spinach, Cheddar, & Shallots! […]