Lamb Kebabs with Spicy Marinade – 2017 Red Carpet Menu for Oscar®
The main course for the 2017 Red Carpet Menu for Oscar® is here!
I’m still in dreamy awe of La La Land. The story was compelling, the “breaking out into song” wasn’t schmaltzy, and the whole vibe was entrancing. I think this is the one that will win “Best Picture”. A “must see”!
The obvious choice for this dish would be “chicken on a stick”, which is the food of choice for Sebastian to serve at his dream club of the same name. Well, La La Chicken was not going to work for me so it became lamb on a stick or lamb kebabs! I “jazzed” them up with a well balanced spicy marinade.
• 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp white pepper
• 1 tsp allspice
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped finely
• 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped finely
• 1 lb lamb, cut into 1” cubes
• 1 pint cherry tomatoes
• 1 red onion, cut into 1-2” pieces
• 1 yellow pepper, cut into 1-2” pieces
• 10” wooden or metal skewers
1) Mix oil, garlic, salt, pepper, allspice, cumin, cilantro, and parsley. Add lamb to the marinade and toss until fully coated. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Bring lamb to room temperature before cooking.
2) Thread skewers with meat, pepper, onion, and tomatoes as you like. Note: if using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water at least 30 minutes before using.
3) Turn broiler to high. Place skewers on a foil-covered broiler pan and cook about 9-12 minutes, turning every 2-3 minutes. Cook until desired doneness. Serve hot.
Assembling the skewers was a snap although of course I poked the end of my finger a few times. I turned them 3 times and they were done to perfection. You don’t want to overdo them – lamb is best at medium rare.
Use your “La La Lamb” as a mic and belt out those wonderful songs! That whistle at the start of “City of Stars” is infectious… you know you’re whistling it right now! Ha!