Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps!!!
It’s easy to get into cooking ruts and lately, I’ve broken free and have really been enjoying cooking things that are not my usual flavor profiles. I hope you’re following along!!
In the past, I’d been “intimidated” by ingredients that aren’t as familiar, leaning on the go-to olive oil (which is fabulous) and probably skewing towards Italian-esque dishes based on my comfort level (except when it’s Oscar® season). But that’s over! I’m reinvigorated bringing so many new spices, oils, and items to the usual mix.
Today’s dish is something I first had at the chain restaurant, P.F. Chang’s – such flavorful chicken wrapped in lettuce! Diet food – hahahaha! And even more so if it’s created at home where every ingredient is in my control… hmmmmm….
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• 1 cup red onion, chopped
• 1 lb ground chicken
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and minced
• 1 bunch scallions, chopped
• 1/2 cup bean sprouts
• 1/4 cup water chestnuts, chopped
• 3 tbsp organic tamari soy sauce
• 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
• 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
• 2 limes, juiced
• 1 head soft leaf lettuce
1) In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add oil and red onion. Sauté until soft. Add chicken and brown. Mix in the garlic and pepper. Toss in the scallions, bean sprouts, and water chestnuts. Stir.
2) Turn off the heat and pour in the soy sauce and stir. Mix in the cilantro and mint. Add the lime juice and mix well. Set aside.
3) Remove and wash lettuce leaves. Spoon mixture into leaves, roll, and enjoy!
There’s a bunch of ingredients but they work together so well. You are going to adore this recipe. Really fresh and bright flavors, a good amount of crunch thanks to the water chestnuts, and overall, really good for you!!! When it tastes this good that’s a super bonus!
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps!!! | Dishin’ the Dish - […] Chicken Lettuce Wraps!!! […]