There’s something to be said for a simple yet elegant dish that BEGS to be made often – for company, for family, for yourself. This Asparagus Soup is one of the greats!
• 2 bunches large asparagus
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 16 oz. vegetable broth
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• salt to taste
• black pepper to taste
1) Chop asparagus. Steam until tender.
2) In a large stock pot on medium heat, sauté onions in olive oil until soft.
3) Add asparagus pieces to the onions with salt & black pepper.Sauté all together for about 7-8 minutes.
4) Stir in the vegetable broth and cook for another 10 minutes.
5) Blend the soup – either use an immersion blender right in the pot or CAREFULLY transfer the pot contents to your blender. Puree until it reaches the preferred consistency. I like it a little chunky.
6) Mix in the heavy cream and serve.
A great feature is that you can make this the day before serving and simply heat it up – it will be just as tasty.
It’s beautiful, flavorful, and will wow anyone who is lucky enough to be at your table.