Emmy-azing TV Dinner – Part 2! Make it Sweet with Apple Crisp!
The most “dangerous” part of this recipe is how easy it is. I not only made the single portion sizes but brought a full 8″ x 8″ dish to Joe and his family in Southampton. Their discerning palates are in love. I must admit, it’s absolutely delicious! Top it with your favorite ice cream, whipped cream, or just enjoy it on it’s own.
A complete TV dinner must include an entree and veggies so click here to read all about it – Meatloaf with Potatoes & Carrots!
- • 1 large apple, cored, peeled, & cubed
- • 2 tbsp sugar
- • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- • 1/4 cup rolled oats
- • 1/4 cup flour
- • 1/4 cup brown sugar
- • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- • 1 pinch salt
- • 2 tbsp butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- Mix apples with sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and butter. Hand mix until well combined.
- Distribute apples evenly into 4 greased 3” ramekins. Top liberally with streusel.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until the streusel is golden brown. Cool and serve!
- 4 apples, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 cup oats, 3/4 cup flour, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 cup butter. Baking time increases to 45-50 minutes.
- You can replace apples with blueberries. For 8" x 8" pan, you'll need 5 cups. Reserve about 1/4 cup to sprinkle over the streusel before baking.